Certain films have the power to make a long-lasting change in our society. To strenghten the potential of cinematic storytelling as a tool for social and cultural change, the FIFDH has created the Impact Day, a unique event bringing together filmmakers, activists and funders.
Filmmakers, producers, NGOs and foundations are invited to participate in this event where the goal is to find potential alliances and strategies that will increase the quality and results of impact campaigns.
Are you a filmmaker or producer?
If you are producing or directing a documentary film about a social or environmental issues that need to be urgently addressed, and if you think your film has the power to change things, the Impact Day is the place to be on 10 March 2020.
Whether you’ve already developed the impact campaign around your film, or you’re willing to do so, if you’re selected for the FIFDH Impact Day 2020, you will get support in the development of your impact strategy and have the opportunity to get connected to key strategical partners that will help you finance and implement your impact campaigns, as well as circulate your films in strategical, non-traditional circuits.
For the 2020 FIFDH Impact Day we’re are looking for bold documentary projects coming from around the world, at any stage of production, driven by thoughtful and in-depth storytelling, bolstered by a compelling visual approach and with a clear vision of the impact they want to make. They need to have a strong potential to create real cultural and social impact around some of the most pressing issues of our time.
The selected films will get:
- Mentorship for their impact strategy on: how to identify the target groups and relevant partners for their impact campaign, inspire strategic audiences with their film, influence policy, and catalyze change.
- Training by experienced producers and impact producers sharing their insights and takeaways on how to create effective impact campaigns.
- Mentorship on how to pitch their project to potential partners outside the documentary industry.
- Curated connections to key players (NGOs and Foundations) within their issue area with pre-arranged one-to-one meetings to pitch their impact campaign and find partners and funders that could help them implement it.
Who can apply:
- Any independent filmmaker and/or producer from anywhere in the world committed to outreach goals and looking for partners to make their films truly influential.
- Submission is free, selected teams will need to pay the accreditation of 60CHF for each member attending the event. The accreditation will give access not only to all the activities of the Impact Day, including lunches and the closing cocktail, but also to all the screenings and debates for the entire duration of the Festival (6-15 March 2020).
- The selected film teams will need to be in Geneva at their own costs, minimum on the entire days of 9 and 10 March. Selected filmmakers based in the DDC priority countries will be able to have their trip and accomodation covered by the FIFDH.
- Deadline for submission of the projects is January 7, 2020. Selected team members will be notified no later than January 31.
What will be considered:
- Non-fiction films of 60+ minutes in length.
- One project per company or filmmaker will be considered. However, an applicant can be a member of the key creative personnel on multiple projects.
- Projects in production or post-production with demonstrated access, strong storytelling in the treatment and work sample, and an urgency to the story.
Do you work for a non-governement organisation of for a foundation?
Come to meet filmmakers from all around the world who are telling stories that are relevant for your field of work. With a high quality in storytelling and production, these films are intended to make a change, and the background of your organisation and your expertise can find a common ground to start working in campaigns that will make a difference.
"Inspiration", "exceptional visual storytelling" and "strong partnerships" are some of the concepts that filled out the room in the last edition of Impact Day.
We will open the registrations soon. Mark the date on your agenda and feel free to contact the Impact Day organisers in advance if you have any question or comment by writing us an email.
The FIFDH Impact Day is supported by Suissimage, the Fonds culturel de la Société Suisse des Auteurs (SSA) and Fondation FOCAL
Contact us for more information
Head of Impact Day
Email | Tél. +41 22 809 69 00